Weight Watchers Points: 2 Pts | Looking for a great, delicious, fast, and easy snack recipe? This is IT! This Kale Chips recipe is super tasty and healthy.
My name is Bree, and I’m a chip-aholic.No, seriously, I am. If one snack were my kryptonite it would definitely be chips – Salt and Vinegar chips, specifically. If you set a bag down of S&V chips in front of me, you best be expectin’ they’ll be gone within minutes. I am the chip monster. Hear me roar. Over the last few months though, I’ve been really trying to focus on getting healthier and eating healthier – and that means I need to curb my chip addiction.
Health Benefits– Kale aids digestion. Since Kale is fiber-rich it really helps keep your digestion moving. – Kale is high in iron. If you struggle with keeping up your iron levels, then you’ll want to add kale into your diet. – Kale is rich with antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight the effects of free radicals that cause damage to our health. Kale has many more health benefits! Read about them on Healthline.
Kale Chips Ingredients
- 1 Bunch Kale (2 Cups)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil , Or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is preheating. rinse kale. Remove any dirt or grit from kale, and then dry using a towel or paper towel.
- Shred kale into chip-size pieces. (I don’t cut using a knife or anything, I simply just use my hands to pull apart the pieces of kale)
- Place shredded kale into a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over kale and mix around. To really coat all the kale, I typically find that I have to use my hands to roll the kale into the oil. (You just want a very thin light layer of oil)
- Now take the baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Put kale on the baking sheet/ parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sea salt (and/or pepper) over kale.
- When the oven is preheated, place the baking sheet in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet after 10 – 12 minutes, serve up, and enjoy!