I don’t know how many times I have seen a lipstick at the store, impulsively purchased it, and brought it home to find out that it doesn’t suit me. Honestly, that’s happened too many times to count.
We’ve all invested in a lip gloss or lipstick thinking that it’ll be a fun addition to our beauty bin only to find that it goes unworn.
Rather than simply tossing that lipstick or gloss in the garbage though, I have found there is a way to make nearly any lip colour wearable.
What You’ll Need:
- A lipstick you don’t wear
- Coconut Oil
- An essential oil you enjoy (I like Lavender Oil)
Do I need a FULL Lipstick to make this tinted lip balm?
Nope! If you have a lipstick you’ve nearly used up, but there’s just a teeny bit left in the bottom of the tube – you can use that! In fact, it’s a great way to use the last remnants of your favourite lipsticks.
DIY Tinted Lip Balm Recipe
- an unloved lipstick (you can use as many as you want and mix them together!)
- Coconut Oil (optional)
- 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil
1. Cut a small amount of the lipstick off
2. Take a large spoonful of the Vaseline
3. Place the lipstick and Vaseline into one small container
4. Mix lipstick and Vaseline together with a spoon. (cream it together like you would sugar and butter in a baking recipe!)
5. Add a small dime size amount of coconut oil (or other carrier oil you prefer) into the mixture as well as your essential oils.
6. Use a spoon to further mix together
7. Transfer the mixture into your final lip balm container (you can even use a little mint tin!)
8. Enjoy your new tinted lip balm!