Looking for a delicious hearty meal to serve your family tonight? This Vegetable Lasagna Recipe is quick, easy, and full of flavor! Best of all – you’ll have plenty of leftovers!
Vegetable Lasagna RecipeAlright, let’s just get this out of the way before we get into the recipe: this is not a pretty meal. You know what I mean, it doesn’t photograph as beautifully as the White Chocolate Loaf, but I swear – it’s damn good. In fact, to quote my husband, “This is the best meal you’ve ever made!”
- 1 eggplant
- 1 bell pepper (I used half a red pepper, and half yellow)
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Cherry Tomatoes (about a handful)
- Mushrooms (sliced - about a handful)
- 1 celery
- ricotta cheese - 1 full container
- shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- Yves Italian Veggie Ground "Meat"
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- olive oil
- - Nutmeg
- - Herbs de Provence
- - Pizza and Pasta Seasoning
- - Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
- Start by slicing your eggplant into 1 inch strips.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper
- Place eggplant onto the tray, drizzle with olive oil
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and pat eggplant dry using a cheese cloth. You want to remove the excess water.
- Allow to rest
- While your eggplant is cooking, chop veggies up (celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot, onion)
- Sauté veggies with a bit of olive oil in a pan until they soften
- Remove from heat
Cheese + Meat Mixture
- Mix ricotta cheese, YVES Italian Ground "meat", can of tomato paste, can of diced tomatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper together in a bowl
Time to Layer Lasagna:
- Need a 8x8 glass pan
- Start with a layer of tomato sauce
- Then layer eggplant slices
- Next layer cheese + meat mixture
- Then layer the veggies
- Add on a layer of mozza and cheddar cheese
- Now that you've layered up your lasagna, add on some salt and pepper, and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes is up, remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.