Today, I am sharing an easy tutorial on how to using foam curlers to get a beach waves! This simple step by step guide will help you achieve beautiful soft waves without using damage heat tools.
Easy Heatless Beach Waves Tutorial
After recently posting my Summer Beauty Essentials, I realized that like me, many of you are trying to grow out your hair & keep it healthy – and avoiding heat is healthy hair 101. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s dry crunchy damaged hair.
During the summer months, it’s easy to damage your hair – there are the damaging rays of the sun and of course, there are heat tools.
To eliminate some of that damage I went on the hunt for an easy technique to help achieve loose beachy waves without the use of heat tools!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1. Some free time. It takes a while for the curls to set so you’ll want to make sure you have some spare time on your hands
2. Spiral Rollers (available here)
3. Slightly damp hair. If your hair is dry then apply a bit of water to your tresses with a spray bottle.
4. Hair Spray
Heatless Beach Waves TutorialHOW TO:
1. To start, I’ve been using these rollers for some time and have found that, if you have a bit of extra time, you can come out with gorgeous curls without any of the damage that heat tools leave.
They are incredibly easy to use and eliminate the need for heat tools entirely.
2. You’re going to want to start with your hair being 90% dry. If it’s 100% dry then take a spray bottle and mist your hair lightly with some water.
Allowing your hair to dry around the rods will ensure that they set that way.
3. For long loose beachy waves, you’re going to want to take large sections of your hair and wrap the hair around the wand away from your face. Pull the hair away from your face to create a more beachy & windswept look.
4. Allow your hair to sit with the curling rods for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until your hair is fully dry and then begin removing the rods.
5. Lightly tousle your hair to separate the curls. If the curls are quite tight just let them sit, they will fall a bit over the next hours.
6. If you find that your hair has trouble holding curls then definitely apply hair spray to hold the look longer.
PS. If you like this, you’ll LOVE these:
- The 7 BEST Deep Conditioning Treatments
- Overnight Hair Tricks to Wake Up with GORGEOUS Hair (Every day!)
- The BEST Purple Shampoo for Brassy Blonde Hair