Immune System Boosting Witches Brew TeaFlu season is rough you guys. I used to get the flu pretty much every single year, but in the last few years, I’ve been getting better at listening to my body, slowing down, and taking the steps needed to kick whatever cold I have before it turns into a knock-out flu. I used to be so go-go-go all the time that anytime I’d get a small cold, I knew it was only a matter of time before it really hit me and made me so sick that I’d be MIA for weeks.
- 1-2 lemons
- 1/2 jalapeno (add more if you like!)
- To start, you’ll want to boil some water. We usually just fill a large pot as we want as much of this tea as we can make. If we have leftovers, we just put it in a container for the next day. *Sometimes, if we are in a rush, we will boil the water in the kettle as it’s quite fast, and then we’ll add that water into a pot with all the other ingredients. We’ll keep it warm on the stove top so we can continue to fill our cups throughout the night.
- Cut your lemons in half and juice them. Add the lemon juice to the water.
- Scoop out the flesh of the lemon and add that into the water as well.
- Cut your jalapeno in slices and add slices to the water.
- Chop ginger and garlic and put them into a tea ball. The tea ball will keep the ginger and garlic from dispersing into the liquid – no one wants to get a chunk of ginger or garlic as they are trying to enjoy their tea!
- Then add your honey. We don’t add much honey to the mixture, I would say maybe 1 tbsp if we are making a large pot. This just helps soften the spiciness of the tea. Add as much as you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.