Kat Burki curated her own raw, cold-pressed luxury skincare brand and now is one of the main luxury skincare lines used by celebrities such as Allison Williams, Olivia Wilde, Julianne Moore, Jennifer Hudson, and some Victoria’s Secret models.
Certifying the cold-pressing, pouring, and processing method, Kat Burki’s skincare line highlights raw beauty and has received much praise from notable beauty publications such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Glow Magazine. I recently was lucky enough to ask Kat Burki a few questions about herself, her brand, and her long-term goals and today I am thrilled to be sharing the full interview with you all!
1. Where did your adventure into skincare begin for you? Were you always passionate about skincare?
I have always been passionate about health and nutrition. I was introduced to skincare haphazardly but it was like the floodgates were open and I was in the best of all possible places for me to utilize my know-how while achieving powerful results.
2. What motivated you to create Kat Burki skincare?
It wasn’t pre-thought-out. I launched a fragrance and then was asked to put that fragrance into a body lotion, and not coming from the beauty industry, but years of health care, I sought out sophisticated formulators for the base…and so it all began.
3. What have been your most exciting moments & biggest accomplishment since launching Kat Burki Luxury Skincare?
The most exciting part for me was first seeing it on retail shelves. The next is seeing how much it sold and how much people liked it. That will never get old. This year launching internationally was really exciting.
4. What are your hopes and goals for 2016?
We want to continue to grow and really educate people on how skincare should work – that amazing results are not only possible but can be permanent.
5. Where do you see yourself and your brand in the next five years?
Global, our brand is resonating internationally and I’d like us to do this well thought-out so we can truly engage all consumers.
6. Could you offer any words of wisdom for female entrepreneurs out there?
It is a bumpy ride. Be prepared for extreme highs and extreme lows. There will never be a status quo and nor should there be.