Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
Last weekend, I attended my first holiday party of the season and it just happened to be a cookie exchange – another first for me.
I have always heard of cookie exchanges, but this was the first year that my group of friends decided to go ahead and throw one for ourselves.
As soon as I was invited to be a part of a cookie exchange, I knew exactly which cookie I was going to make. Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies have been my cookies for years.
I remember growing up how my mum would spend a couple days over the holidays making cookies, and Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies were always one of my favourites. (Though let’s be honest, I was a kid so all cookies were really my favourites)
The reasons I love this Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe is because they are super easy to make, they are fast, they don’t require a ton of ingredients, and they are totally yummy.
While I enjoy baking, I’m not really the sort of person to go out and buy a whole slew of ingredients that I will only use for 1 recipe.
I like to use things I have on hand and will use often and since Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe uses such simple ingredients we really only had to purchase the Hershey Kisses to make this recipe a reality.
Best of all, this Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe was a total hit – so much so that most of them ended up being eaten before the end of the party, rather than making it into people’s tins to bring home. Needless to say, I was pretty happy![easy-image-collage id=7077]
What You’ll Need:
– Peanut Butter
– Brown Sugar
– Baking Soda
– tsp Salt
– Hershey Kisses
Tools You’ll Need:
– A handheld mixer
– 2 mixing bowls
– cooking tray
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350.
- Now, mix together the peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla into the mixture and beat together until fully incorporated into the dough.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt.
- Now, gradually add the dry ingredients to the dough mixture. Mix together until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the dough mixture.
- Roll the dough into 24 1″ balls
- Take dough balls and roll them in sugar. (pour some sugar on a plate and roll the balls in it. This will give them a sparkly sugary coating)
- Place dough balls onto the parchment paper covered baking tray. Leave space in-between the cookies as they will expand while they bake.
- Place cooking tray into the oven for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, remove the cookies and gently press the Hersey Kisses into the center of each cookie. Don’t press hard enough for the chocolate kiss to go through the cookie, that will make them melt and stick to the tray.
- Let cookies cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for some more deliciously decadent recipes?