- It must feel lightweight. I don’t like to feel aware that I am wearing makeup, or that I’ll rub away half my “face” if I itch my nose!
- It has to be light coverage. I have freckles, and I feel unnatural when they’re covered
- It has to be long-wearing. I mean, if I am wearing foundation it’s likely for an event or something important – so of course, I want it to last!
- It must work on my normal-dry skin. Products that are too drying or too oily are an instant no-go for me
PHYTO-PIGMENTS Flawless Serum Foundation Review
The FeelWhen the foundation was applied, I was initially so surprised by how it felt. I truly didn’t feel it on my skin at all. The makeup artist who applied the foundation said that that was likely because it’s a long-wear foundation, so it actually dries to your skin and won’t move around like other foundations will. So, lightweight feeling: check!
The CoverageThe next thing I noticed was that it wasn’t a full coverage foundation. I feel like there are so many full coverage foundations out there, and they just aren’t for me. And, if you’re not going to wear a full coverage than you’re often referred over to the CC or BB creams. While I like BB / CC creams, they often contain SPF which creates a lot of flashback in photos, making it not a great choice for events – or more specifically, for my wedding day – as that’s why I had been on the hunt for a foundation. Seeing that the Juice Beauty PHYTO-PIGMENTS Flawless Serum Foundation evened out my skin tone without hiding my freckles was another huge “Hallelujah!” moment. So, light coverage: Check!
- Psst – though, this foundation is build-able, and you can create a full coverage look with it. So, if you’re on the hunt for a full coverage foundation then this is still worth looking into.
The Wear-TimeRight off the bat, the fact that this was a long-wear foundation made me excited to try it. As I mentioned earlier, if I am wearing foundation in the first place – it’s likely for something important, like my wedding day. So, I want it to stick on my skin and maintain a natural look all day long. I don’t want to worry about it sliding off, looking patchy, or drying out my skin. I’ve worn this foundation a number of times now (once for nearly 13 hours) and I’ve always found it’s maintained it’s look and feel on my skin. I even had a friend comment that my skin was looking “particularly flawless” and she wanted to know my skincare routine! When I told her it was my foundation she was shocked, and ready to do a little online shopping.
Is It For Dry Skin?For the most part, my skin is very easy. I get the odd blemish or dry patch – but 99% of the time it behaves pretty well. With that being said, I don’t ever want to wear a makeup product that’s going to emphasize unbalanced parts of my skin. If I have a drier part of my face, it’s important that the makeup I am wearing won’t cling to it. The winter is particularly hard on my skin, I thought this foundation would stick to the drier patches around my nose and chin, but it didn’t. Instead, it worked with the primer to keep these areas looking smooth and flawless.
- Age Defy Serum Technology with resveratrol-rich grapeseed and fruit stem cells.
- Medium to full coverage.
- Reduces the appearance of lines & wrinkles.
- Does not settle into fine lines.
- Weightless texture for comfortable long-wear.
- Antioxidant protection with Vitamin C & E.
- Vegan & Cruelty-Free.
See this foundation in action in my recent Classic Bridal Makeup Tutorial!
SHOP THE POST:
Very informative post. Will definitely look into this brand.
I always feel like I need coverage but I want lightweight and something that wont irritate my skin – I will check this out!
Thanks for this review! I have a lot of the same things you are looking for! I have dry skin and there’s so many products out there for mattifying instead.
Also can’t believe I’m just following you now! Fellow Vancouver blogger here 🙂
Thanks for this review! I may look into it…
Ashley Owens says
Do you use other Juice Beauty products? I am jut now hearing about them on my hunt to find good skincare products now that I am almost 35 haha! I am wanting to try some of their skincare and makeup
Skincare-wise, I have used their serum – but that’s pretty much it! I also use their blush, lipsticks, lipglosses – I’ve really loved them all. I am a huge fan of their products. I really should try more of their skincare!!