Spicy Salsa Recipe
Anyone who knows me knows: I LOVEEEEEE spice. Like too much. It’s kind of a problem.
In all seriousness though, I really do love spicy food – and I adore spicy salsas, like today’s spicy salsa recipe. I love using salsa mixes over quinoa dishes, overtop of proteins (like chicken), or just paired with some good ol’ tortilla chips. To me, salsa can be used to add a punch of flavour to pretty much any dish out there.[easy-image-collage id=7548]
I used to go out and buy salsa in the jar, but a few years ago I decided to just make my own, and well – I loved it. I realized that while from-the-jar salsa was fine, homemade spicy salsa was where it was really at. And, it was really easy to make so – why not, right? It’s especially easy to make when you have this 4-in-1 Vegetable Chopper. I love it and highly recommend it.
Since then, I’ve found that every time I make homemade salsa for a party – it’s one of (if not THE) first things to be gobbled up.
One dish that my husband insists on pairing my Spicy Chunky Salsa Recipe with is nachos. I swear I have never met anyone who loves nachos as my husband does. Nachos are his favourite junk food treat, and I would venture to say he has them about once a week! Whenever he makes them at home we always make this spicy salsa (and you guys – the combo is pretty dang delicious!)[easy-image-collage id=7549]
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small purple onion
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 - 1 whole lemon juice
- Green Onion
- Chop up tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, chilli pepper, and garlic. I like my tomatoes and onions to be chopped into larger cubes, but you can chop them as large / small as you like. Chop garlic, jalapeano, and chilli pepper more finely - no one likes to get a huge piece of spicy pepper in one bite!
- Add chopped vegetables into a bowl
- Squeeze 1/2 - 1 full lemon over your salsa mix. Taste to see if you want more lemon.
- Chop cilantro and add into mixture.
- Before serving, cut up a bit of green onion and add to the top of the salsa.
- This salsa is quite spicy so if you want it to be more mild then just add less jalapeño and red chilli pepper to your salsa