For dinner tonight, whip up the BEST Homemade Beef Enchiladas to enjoy a meal full of flavour. These Beef Enchiladas are made with deliciously seasoned ground beef, red enchilada sauce, cheddar cheese, and more. Read, cook, and enjoy!
Is there anything better than big-batch meals that are full of flavour, and also leave you with leftovers?
Meals, like this enchilada recipe, are some of my favourites because they are so incredibly flavourful, easy, and quick to make, and there are extras left for lunch the next day. I like to call that a win-win-win meal.
Can I Use Chicken Rather Than Beef?
Of course! You can use any protein that you’d like in this recipe, or you can opt to make it vegetarian. This recipe is totally customizable.
Other customizations you can make:
- Make this recipe gluten-free by swapping the flour tortillas for corn tortillas.
- Make this recipe vegan by swapping the beef out for beans, and using vegan cheese.
- Use Green Enchilada Sauce rather than Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Make this recipe extra hearty by adding in pinto or black beans.
Optional Toppings For Beef Enchiladas
You can get creative and add on any toppings you’d like! A few of my favourite toppings are Chillis, Avocado, Cilantro, and Spicy Pickled Onions.
Is It Easy to Make Red Enchilada Sauce?
Red Enchilada Sauce is super easy to make. It’s just a mixture of oil, water, tomato paste, flour, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Read my Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce Recipe here.
Can I Buy Red Enchilada Sauce Instead of Making It?
Yes, absolutely. Red Enchilada Sauce is available at most grocery stores in either a can or jar. While it is easy to make your own, sometimes you just want a quicker and easier option!
What ingredients are in this Beef Enchilada Recipe?
- Cooking Oil
- Ground Beef
- Green Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Chili Lime Powder
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Flour Tortillas
- Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: Chillis, Cilantro, Avocado, & Pickled Onions
Cookware Needed To Make Beef Enchiladas
To make these beef enchiladas, you will need a pan as well as a casserole dish.
Can I Freeze My Beef Enchiladas?
Yes, this is a great recipe to make and freeze for a meal later on. This meal can be frozen for 3 months.
More Recipes To Try:
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Large Green Pepper (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tsp Chilli Lime Powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Red Enchilada Sauce
- 6-8 Flour Tortillas
- 1.5 - 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Chilis, Avocado, Cilantro, and Spicy Pickled Onions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large cast iron skillet, drizzle cooking oil until the pan is coated. Heat oil on medium-temperature heat.
- Once the pan is heated, add the ground beef. Break up the beef as it cooks. Season with garlic salt, chili lime powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Cook the ground beef for a few minutes, and then add in the onions, green peppers, and garlic. Cook ingredients together until the onions and peppers have taken on a slightly cooked/glassy appearance.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of Red Enchilada Sauce into your beef mixture and stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove your beef mixture from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place your flour tortilla on a cutting board and begin filling it with the beef mixture. Once full, sprinkle some cheddar cheese into the enchilada and then wrap it as tightly as possible. Place your first enchilada into your casserole dish. Repeat this step until all tortillas are filled and placed into the casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining 1.5 Cups of Red Enchilada Sauce over top of your enchiladas, and then add the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place your casserole dish into the oven and cook the enchiladas for 20 minutes.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and add the desired toppings on top. Serve & enjoy!
Optional Toppings: Chilis, Avocado, Cilantro, and Spicy Pickled Onions
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 830Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1877mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 44g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.